Friday 9 August 2013

Interview Update (mini-version!)

Wow, it's been a very exciting couple of days.  Our call-out for exhibititor and speaker interviews has been amazing!

I've been a blogger in one way or another (remember MySpace?!) for nearly ten years.  In that time I've done a handful of little interviews but nothing on this scale.

Having to research and interview nearly sixty people over the next few days has bought it's challenges but it's also shown what amazing people we have walking this earth.  Right now.  People who are committed to changing the world for the better.  When we start posting them, you'll see exactly what we mean.

We know most of you believe this anyway but sometimes it's a bit difficult to stay positive with all news that gets constantly piped to us via every method of communication these days.  I personally try to steer clear of news but it creeps in everywhere.  But the good outweighs the bad.  And these interviews will prove that. We'll leave you with a quote from Fred Rogers - and if someone could enlighten me as to who he was I'd be very grateful ;)


“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."  To this day, especially  in times of disaster, I remember my mothers words, and I am always comforted by  realizing there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world."

x


No comments:

Post a Comment