Wednesday 28 August 2013

Interview with Gaile Walker

Gaile Walker will be giving a talk at Godmanchester this weekend and has been kind enough to answer some questions for us in the run up to the show.  Gaile will also be giving a talk at Newark on the 15th September.  Another wonderful interview, giving us a great insight into her work.

Gaile offers healing sessions in Cambridge. She also runs courses in The First Degree and The Second Degree of The Radiance Technique®, Authentic Reiki®. For more information see: www.radiance4realreiki.co.uk / Twitter: Gaile Walker @GaileWalker
Facebook: Gaile Walker - Author/Teacher of Meditation and Healing


1 - Could you tell us a little bit about yourself.

Well, I live and work in the delightful city of Cambridge, have done for a number of years.  I'm a practitioner and teacher of the most beautiful healing and meditation called The Radiance Technique® (I'm using the word healing here to signify becoming inwardly fulfilled, to feel whole rather than fragmented as we often can do).  On  25th January 2013 my first book 'Beyond Angels' was published by O-Books.   

All this is the culmination of a life devoted to spiritual research. As a child I always thought there was something more to life, something missing.  I believed when young that life could be perfect and at the age of 14 began my spiritual search.  I realise now it was a search for a good technique, one which would help me achieve the inner contentment that, even at that early age, I consciously  craved.

2 - Can you tell us a bit more about your book?

I would love to talk about Beyond Angels because most of what I know from my 40 years of daily meditation - and which is of spiritual value - is in this book.

The need to write Beyond Angels grew from the time I spent working with spiritual and reiki healers. I am able to see vibrations, the finer levels of energies that constitute personalities, and I often see the energies they generate.  As I observed their ways of working I understood the nature of the vibrations that they were using for healing and meditating. I watched the energies which healers removed from their clients and what happened to them. It was the difference that I perceived, between the pure transcendental light vibration of The Radiance Technique® and the physical energies of other methods, which prompted the writing of the  book. I felt the need to encourage healers (and meditators) to connect to a pure source for healing: Transcendence.  To use current language to help them 'take their healing to a new level'.

But, in Beyond Angels I am not writing specifically about The Radiance Technique® (the transcendental method I teach). It's about my own personal view of the value of Transcendent or transcendental healing in general. There are many themes running through the book and I want to assist therapists, healers and meditators to add this deep, Transcendent vibration to their therapies and healings. Alongside my own personal spiritual experiences and descriptions of more expanded and enlightened states of awareness there are a number of teachings in the book:

  • In my view there are endless methods of healing and meditation and they do not deserve the group name of  'healing and meditation'.  I believe that some of  these are helpful for the expansion of spiritual awareness and others are not.  Lots of methods I've observed would be better understood as aids for psychic development (spiritual and psychic being very different animals).  So it won't come as any surprise when I say that Beyond Angels speaks about the limitations of many current practices.

  • It's a book which looks at suffering, how we hold onto it and the quickest way of liberating ourselves from it.  Of the Grace that is available to us when we access Transcendence, either from the Divine personality or Transcendent teachings.

  • It makes the case for effort and determination for spiritual gain, and how life can be improved from that.  The quality of  life is based on the degree of spiritual awareness - nothing less.

Although I initially wrote Beyond Angels for reiki and spiritual healers, its appeal should be broader than to attract only these two groups.  I'm already finding that it's also of interest to those without this particular focus. It's definitely a book for anyone who wants to learn an effective meditation or healing for spiritual purpose: the true spiritual seeker.

3 - I read you support two orphanages abroad,  how is that going and how can people donate?

We're a small city-based group of dedicated meditators who use The Radiance Technique®  and we call ourselves ‘Cambridge Radiance For Children’. Since 2007 we have regularly raised money for charitable projects, previously donating to Kampong Cham Orphanage and School in Cambodia.  But at the present time we are supporting one charity only - the African project ‘Mahali pa Watoto’ (Swahili for a place for the children).  This is not an orphanage but a pre-school for 70 deprived children living in the slum area on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya, and we support it via ‘The Seed Sowing Network’.  The group is dedicated to helping these children, typically aged 4 to 7, who without the project are  destined for a life on the streets. Children attending the school are also given food.

To date  (August 2013) we've given £1,100 to Mahali pa Watoto (this is as well as the previous donations to Cambodia).  It's important for me to say that the reason for creating the group was to encourage people to meditate together; for the enhanced, deeper experience and to expand our awareness of Transcendent Consciousness.  Also, to direct pure transcendental light to these children.  The money we send them serves just one of 3 purposes.
If anyone would like to donate, please send your donation directly to The Seed Sowing Network’ - www.seedsowing.co.uk
Of course, should Beyond Angels become more widely known and a greater number of people learn to meditate using The Radiance Technique®, the new students would be very welcome to join the group. We very much hope that the number of meditators - and our donations - will expand.  

4 - Which writer/thinker has influenced you the most.

I've dipped in and out of many spiritual writing but two writers: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and Dr Barbara Ray Ph.D. (who is the only expert on The Radiance Technique® and the holder of all the intact keys of this system) have helped me the most.  They have given me the means to achieve states of liberation.  But more than their writing it's their teaching techniques which have influenced me, in fact I did not read Maharishi's main text until after writing Beyond Angels despite it sitting on my bookshelf for 35 years. Beyond Angels is written from my experiences and subsequent understanding gained from profound meditation.   Reading books only points the way and this is where many New-Age / MBS practices flounder. Without a good technique it's so very difficult to achieve the states of awareness I describe.   

5 -What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given.

The kindest of friends once told me that I should give thanks for what I can see.

The behaviour of someone was changing towards me because of my burgeoning spiritual vision, they were close to me and I was feeling deeply hurt.  My friend's advice was priceless: clarity is a blessing.

6 -Would you name  some “Desert Island” books or films (ones) you would like if you were stranded on a desert island - for young ones who don’t know about Desert Island discs!)

As a child I loved reading and that enjoyment of books has remained with me but if you're talking about spiritual books  I would take the Bible, St Thomas's Gospel and other equivalent texts, purely because I've never read them.

One spiritual book I would like to read again springs to mind instantly: 'Autobiography of a Yogi' by Paramahansa Yogananda.  I loved this book when I was young and it's a really enjoyable read.

There are many other types of literature I've enjoyed and would re-read, written by authors such as Henry James, Isabelle Allende and Grahame Green, to name just three of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment