Sunday 11 August 2013

Interview - Sidney Vincent The Neem People

To start off our interviews we've got an interview with Sidney Vincent.  His business The Neem People will be exhibiting at Elsecar on 24th and 25th August after a long absence.

To start off, could you tell us a little bit about yourself?


 The hospitality industry provided my background.  My hotel management training and qualifications provided me with the springboard to venture into the world, catapulting me to a number of countries worldwide where my real education began. Insularity went out of the window as I voraciously absorbed the cultures of the countries  I was fortunate to work and live in. Old heads will tell you that the best way to learn a business is by starting at the bottom, and by keeping an open mind as you climbed each rung of the ladder. In doing this I learned how to communicate with people at all levels and to appreciate the efforts needed to keep the wheels of the business turning successfully.
Domestic requirements put paid to globetrotting and I had to scale > down to a different level. It was a calculated descent, rather than a fall, and it took the steadfast support of my wife to help me through the initial difficult period. The inherent spirit kicked in and we went on to gain national recognition as Innkeepers. Physical problems put paid to this chapter.
In a chance encounter, a clinical aromatherapist friend happen to mention her using Neem effectively in treating a major head lice problem. I found a seed and lodged it in my fertile mind: I remembered Neem from my childhood ( did  I mention that I am from India?) and cogitated on the fact that no one seemed to know about Neem in the UK – nay, in the western world- so I decided to  spread the word.

Can you tell us the benefits of your products?

 Not for nothing is the Neem Tree called The Village Pharmacy, as the benefits are numerous. Taken internally Neem helps stimulate the immune system, liver detoxification, regulate body functions. It’s anti- fungal properties make it helpful in treating internal fungal problems. It is also antibacterial and antiseptic . All these properties come to the fore in Neem body products such as face creams, lotions, soaps, toothpaste and other oral hygiene products. The proven benefits of The Neem People’s Neem products are now fairly well known worldwide.

You've stayed true to your vision ie not been tempted by MLM, is this a vocation rather than "just a job"?

We like to paddle our own and have had to paddle upstream sometimes, but we have the satisfaction of knowing that our achievements to date are off our own bat, mixed metaphors et al. Like most starters we have had approaches from others to sell their products, but we will not be swayed from our path of promoting the benefits of the Neem Tree. We are passionate about this and set ourselves as examples of what the Neem Tree has done for us, and what it can do for others.

Which writer/thinker has influenced you the most?

 Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and other icons have inspired many to rise above themselves. My inspiration comes from nearer home; my father.

What's the best piece of advice you've been given?


Do whatever you are doing to the best of your ability, with dignity, and your reward must follow, though it may not be in the way you were hoping.
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You reap what you sow.


Many thanks to Sidney for taking the time to answer our questions.  You can find him at Elsecar in August and on the web at theneempeople.com



No comments:

Post a Comment