Thursday 3 October 2013

Interview with Alison Forge

Today we've got an interview with Alison Forge, author, speaker and mentor.  An "Agent for Positive Change"  Her book "Pocket Positivity" has been described as "Self-help without the woo woo" and "Tea and toast for the soul!"

Alison will be talking at the Monastery this sunday, her talk "One Leap...to Health, Happiness and Success" will help show you how you can grow in every aspect of your life.  Alison can be found online at www.alisonforge.com


To start, could you tell us a little bit about yourself please.

For over 30 years, I suffered serious health problems which included Cancer and Crohns Disease, through fear I embarked on a journey to find a solution to change my life. I had to find out why my body was no longer responding to conventional medicine and why my relationships were failing. It is through that journey that I have become a successful mentor, inspirational speaker, author of ‘Pocket Positivity’ and creator of ‘One Leap’ & ‘Forging Ahead’. I have a passion to share with others how easily they too can transform their lives with the use of structured and proven techniques. I am told I have faced what most people hold in their hearts and minds as fear and that I am an example of what is achievable.

I'm fascinated by the idea of non-dominant hand drawing. Could you explain a little bit about the therapeutic implications?

We cannot make change happen on just a conscious level, we need to tap into the subconscious and with the use of non-dominant hand drawing negative’s that are being held can be uncovered and a clearer understanding gained as to why certain patterns have been put in place, then released. For many years both writers and artists have used non-dominant hand drawing and writing techniques to shift creative blocks and stimulate creativity. It is only when we can connect on a subconscious level and release what is sabotaging our health, happiness and success, that new patterns are able to form and more importantly stay in place. These readings prove invaluable in tapping into the subconscious and releasing those patterns that lead to stress and anxiety, as we know when stress and negativity is held long term in the body it can be damaging to both mental and physical health.

In your blog you mentioned that things didn't feel right for a while before hiring your assistant, do you think it's important for people to see their mentors still having issues, does it show we are all still "works in progress"?

Of course, we are learning everyday more about ourselves and evolving on many levels, we never stop learning new things with change inevitable. I like to share in my newsletter that I too am human and although healed on many levels and help many others to do the same challenge and change is inevitable in life. People can relate to me I believe because of this and become inspired, after all if I can turn those challenges into positives and manifest what I need to make my life as I desire it to be so can they. I strongly believe that the best teachers are those that have lived what they are teaching.

You were invited to the "Venture World Summit" can you tell us a little bit more about that, it seems different to the MBS shows.


This event attracts business leaders and investors with international prestige, with years of experience and success. The event in September boasts a range of speakers from various backgrounds including inspirational ones. The Summit Event offers both management solutions and business opportunities. The event will address and promote an extraordinary range of topics including Funding; Asset Management; Businesses for Sale; Mergers and Acquisitions; and Inspiration and Personal Development. The Summit Event will focus on helping existent businesses grow in an inspirational and innovative setting. The talks will offer informative insights for business development and sustainability. The mission of the event is to promote, discuss and help economic prospects grow in the best way possible.

Which writer/thinker has influenced you the most.

I have many .. too numerous to list, but I believe there is only one truth that holds with every self-help book I have ever read. Release old hurts and find true love for yourself and the world we live in.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given.

‘Don’t hold your breath ... breathe’!


Would you name 6 “Desert Island” books or films (ones you would like if you were stranded on a desert island - for young ones who don’t know about Desert Island discs!)

A Star is Born – Film
Saving Grace- Film
High Society - Film
Many Masters, Many Lives - Dr Brian Weiss - Book
Heal Your Life – Louise L Hay - Book
Healing Inside and Out –Gillian Bowles – Book
.. and of course my own book ‘Pocket Positivity’!

No comments:

Post a Comment