Sunday 25 August 2013

Quintin Smith Interview


As amazing as Elsecar has been this weekend, we're going to turn our attention to Godmanchester next weekend!  

On sunday 1st september Quintin Smith will be giving a talk and demonstration of Spiritual Surgery.  It's going to be his last event for a little while so make sure you book!

We're lucky enough to have interview with him for the BSSK blog.  Again we'd like to thank Quintin for taking the time to answer our questions.  It's been a really interesting interview,  especially when talking about children and being in the public eye.

You can find him at the Godmanchester show and online at www.spiritquint.com 


1 - To start, could you tell us a little bit about yourself please.

My name is Quintin Smith, 43 years old and I now live in Lincolnshire with my family after a few years interesting journey in sunny Wales. My main profession before I went full time as a Spirit Medium and Healer was that of a Paramedic in London for almost 12 years.  In 2001, I was ordained as a minister and I now a part of the International Church of St Paul which is a non dogmatic spiritual church based on acknowledging people who have spiritual gifts.  I was honoured to be a tutor at the College of Psychic studies in London for approx three years and I have continued to tutor mediumship and demonstrate both my Healing and mediumship ability up and down the country as well as abroad.        


2 -Could you tell us a bit more about Spiritual Trance Healing?

What is a label? Spiritual trance healer, psychic surgeon, spiritual surgeon, spiritual healer, these are all very endearing and sometimes seen as mystical terms, but my work is very grounded and involves using my mediumship ability to gain an altered state whereby a spirit surgeon called Dr Alun Jones works through my hands and is able to vocalise through my voice. We see people with all sorts of conditions from painful backs through to sight problems, neurological conditions etc. Dr Jones performs a mixture of spiritual healing and surgery by building the spiritual instruments inside the body to facilitate a change. All in all its energy at work and something I am truly humbled and proud to be a part of. In the short time that I lived in Wales, I achieve three National Awards for my Healing work with Dr Alun Jones in 2009, 2010 and 2011 based on positive and often successful treatments on our clients. These treatments sometimes helped forgo major and minor operations, much to the bemusement of our clients consultants! 


3 - These skills always seem to manifest in childhood, do you have any advice for parents whose children are showing signs of psychic ability?

I used to see spirit people when I was young and I also had the ability of leaving my body which seemed very natural to me. Children are pure spirit and some will naturally be attuned to such going-on's. These experiences happened time and time again from the age of three to approx ten years old. Although I never really discussed these experiences with my parents, I would recommend that anyone that believes that their son or daughter has such experiences, to listen with an open mind, be supportive and above all, don't knock the so called experience, so the child become frightened and withdrawn and the ability get buried. We do not own our children, but are here to care for them as spiritual beings having a physical experience, just as our parents have us in there own ways. We all have spiritual gifts and abilities and its better to go with the flow than kick all the way in my opinion. If you have concerns, then speak to someone that understands such matters like as myself or a spiritual tutor from an accredited organisation. 


4 - Did your 12 years as medic for the Ambulance service cultivate the empathy and need to help people in the way you do?

During my time in the ambulance service, I had many many spiritual experiences, so when I look back, I now know it was all part of my journey of healing, to learn compassion, become grounded, learn to use my intuition and to work with and deal with people from all walks of life, from the rich and famous, to the homeless in London. I guess the time helped with my confidence and dealing with fears in many ways as well, because there is such a varied work pattern as you never knew what was going to happen next!!I also repeatedly found myself working with lots of different crewmates all over north west london, who had heard of me and my work, so I became known as the service psychic, which often entailed fixing my crewmates back's in the back of an ambulance or giving a private reading during standby on a street corner or motorway lay by.  


5 - Which writer/thinker has influenced you the most.

If I was asked who influenced me the most as an author and or thinker, then it would not be anything to do with spiritual philosophy. In fact, I am more drawn to people like Phillip Day, Dr Tullio Simoncini and the like, who are pioneers and passionate about teaching people to rid themselves of illness in this stressful 21st century through natural methodology. My work as a healer and Medium is one of helping people reach their potential and quite often, this deals with emotional, mental and physical disease. Although I very much adhere to the general medical council and their guidelines, I also believe that there is a world of amazing things that reach out beyond the boundaries of general medicine that can help just as much, if not more in some ways. 


6 -What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given.

One of the best bits of advice that I was given was by my tutor. His name is Paul and he told me to just keep my head down and get on with my work as there will be those out there that would want to bring me down out of jealousy and ego. Because I choose to put my head above the parapet at times in the public domain, I have now seen many times this attitude which I have found very sad and upsetting. Sometimes, those that you thought were spiritual are simply not when it comes down to it, so sometimes keeping my head down and just helping people in my private clinics is the best respite possible. 


7 -Would you name 6 “Desert Island” books or films (ones you would like if you were stranded on a desert island - for young ones who don’t know about Desert Island discs!)

If I was deserted on a desert island, one thing I guess I would not feel is emptiness and lonely, because when you obtain a spiritual connection, it is far from this. If however, I chose watch a dvd, then I guess some of my favorite would be 'Stargate', 'The Last Samurai' and Buddy the Elf, simply because aspects of these films feel very close to home with me.   




1 comment:

  1. I like Quintin, he is good. I went to a Great Psychic Healer.
    His website is
    www.lightaxishealing.com

    ReplyDelete