Wednesday 21 August 2013

Interview with Annie-Rose

To continue with our build up to Elsecar this weekend, we have an interview with Annie-Rose.  An artist and reader, who has designed her own angel cards and does Channelled Guardian Angel Paintings.  I've personally found this interview to be very warm and inspiring. Thank you so much, Annie. You can find Annie-Rose online at www.annieroseoraclecards.com


1 - To start could you tell us a little bit about yourself.

 I have been designing oracle cards for about 4 years now, following a sequence of events in my personal life that made me re-evaluate. I was introduced to the angelic realm by a lovely friend when I was at my lowest ebb and started my 'angel quest'. Over these years I have developed my work and recently started channelling angels both in word and painting. I have a degree in art and although I have done various jobs over the years, I feel so lucky now to be able to paint every day now and put my job title down as 'artist'! Life is good and I feel very blessed. :)
2 - You've written about a time of upheavel in your life before doing the cards - did designing the cards become a healing process for you?

 As I worked through my marriage breakdown and depression, I began to channel all my personal energies into my work, often painting almost non- stop for weeks. As I look back, I feel that each deck of cards I produced had a certain energy and resonance. The first deck was very much part of the healing process, and there is a real feeling of transition when I handle these cards. The next deck had a much 'softer' energy as my life began to level out a little. I talk about oracle card deck energies when I do workshops as I feel it's important to use the correct deck to suit your mood. I feel the angels have healed and guided me constantly over the last few years, and that I was meant to be on this path even though its been quite painful at times.
3 - How do you feel you've evolved creatively?

Each deck I have produced has been quite different and I feel I have gained in knowledge and confidence as I have worked through them. Technically, I now work at at least 3 times actual size so that i can create more detail in each card. I am about to design my 7th deck (my second angel deck)  and feel very comfortable to channel directly now. I don't think I realised how closely I was working with the angels until this time last year when I started to do channelled readings and paintings for people. My work has changed dramatically as I went through phases where I made wands and gemstone jewellery. Now I focus exclusively on personal 'guardian' angel paintings and oracle card design. 
4 - Do you have plans for any more cards?

 I am just starting deck 7 which has been commissioned by Soul and Spirit magazine. It will be my fourth set with them, and is going to be an angel deck. I have an animal deck called 'reflections of nature'  being published with Soul and spirit in their November issue this year.
5 -Which writer/thinker has influenced you the most.

 I have enjoyed the works of Paulo Coelho for many years and also angel books. Angela McGerr's book, 'an angel for every day' has been a huge inspiration for me and I refer to it in my talks and workshops. I have bought several copies over the years as I keep giving it away!  

6 -What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given.

The best advice I've been given was by a lovely man called Jabar (Shifa Meditation) who also exhibits at the shows, and whom I met in the very early days of exhibiting. He advised me to give something back. I make a point of donating to charity throughout the year and try to give an annual Christmas donation to my local hospice (where my mum passed away). I have realised its actually about giving back so much more than money though; it's about giving of self and I realise I am just at some shows to speak to someone, to give them a hug or to simply let them talk to me so that I can help. My whole way of thinking has changed now. Before I was very materialistic; now my greatest riches are my beautiful family and friends, my health and just simply being. I live my life with gratitude, and I've never been happier. 

7 -Would you name 6 “Desert Island” books or films (ones you would like if you were stranded on a desert island - for young ones who don’t know about Desert Island discs!)

I'm not a huge reader, but I do enjoy good films. There are so many to choose from that its difficult to select just a handful. I think I'd probably just have something that makes me laugh. I have always found laughter the best healer. When my mum was seriously ill, the whole family would go in to see her and we'd laugh so much that the nurses would have to tell us to come and be quiet! If I was stranded on a desert island then laughing would certainly help me cope. Having said that, I've learnt these last few years to enjoy the sound of silence and to just listen to my breath and the sounds of the world around me. My life and outlook has certainly changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment