Wednesday 14 August 2013

Guest Post - Andrea Miles

Morning!  What a beautiful morning it is - I hope it's sunny where you are.

When we asked for interviews a few people took the questions and used them as a guide for a blog post, which was a great idea.  Posting one this morning from Andrea Miles.  Many thanks to Andrea for a great post, she can found in person at BSSK shows, the next one is Elsecar 24-25 August and online at andreamilescrystals.co.uk


My career began as a teacher.  I trained in modern languages and teaching English as a foreign language.I have taught youngsters of all ages from nursery up to eighteen year olds in many schools in Yorkshire.

In 1986 my husband Gordon and I decided to adopt two abandoned children from Ecuador.  I spent three months there alone during this process and returned to England with two adorable babies, Jonathan and Laura.
It became more and more obvious that Jonathan's development was much slower than Laura's and by the time they were 1 year old, I knew we had serious problems. He was diagnosed as having autism, cerebral palsy and epilepsy and was put on a cocktail of medication which just made him worse.  I joined a local support group and discovered that many children thrived on an additive free diet, limiting dairy produce, refined products such as white flour and all junk food.  I went to a health kinesiologist  muscle tested for a complete list of foods and drinks he could and could not have.   Within weeks I noticed a difference and he began to progress slowly and amazingly his epilepsy came under control without drugs.  Two other therapies which also helped him was homeopathy and cranial osteopathy. 

 I became involved in other self help groups which eventually led me to a spiritual development group and I knew then that I had found my path.  I gave up teaching and went on a three year natural healing course at the College of Healing in Malvern. It was one of thehappiest times of my life and I developed a deep love of crystals and other natural approaches to goodhealth and well being.  I converted our garage into a therapy room and filled it with crystals and artefactswhich made it a beautiful, spiritual place enjoyed by so many people.  

Unfortunately this came to a sudden end when my husband had a stroke.  I found I could no longer have clients to the house as his needs along with my son's were taking up all of my time.  As Gordon gradually improved, I was told about BSSK and decided to change my approach to healing by selling crystals and crystal jewellery.  The experience I had gained working from home stood me in good stead to be able to help people choose what would be beneficial to them.  I always choose my stones personally and I know intuitively which I would need for my stand.  Similarly with the jewellery, I select hand made pieces which are filled with loving energy and beauty.  I thought I would miss practicing as a therapist but quickly realised that I could see so many more people at Mind Body Spirit shows and continue my work. 

 I now work with my daughter Laura at many shows, mostly in the north of England and have hundreds of regular visitors who come and ask advice and buy from me.  I am so happy that my daughter has  a love of crystals too and wants to continue to work with them.  She has been able to travel to India and Nepal and select stones at source and hopes to be able to expand this area of our business.  We both believe that although there are many books written about crystals, the most successful way is to use intuition.   So many times when customers have made a choice, they read up about the particular stone and find it is just what they need. When I look back and see how my life has has changed, I know I am blessed.  

I found my path through the problems with my son and husband. The hardships and frustrations were there to lead me to where I am today.   I have been helped mentally emotionally and spiritually to cope through the people I've met, my guides and guardian angels.  The lesson I have learned is to trust in the process.  This is the antedote to anxiety and frustration.

One of my favourite books is The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.  The lines that really inspire me and urge me to carry on are:  

 "And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb
            And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance"



No comments:

Post a Comment