Wednesday 20 August 2014

Interview - Sue Hickman

Today we've got an interview with Sue Hickman from Forever Living products.  Sue is at many BSSK shows throughout the year.  We've asked her a little bit about herself and the products and would like to say thanks to her for taking the time to answer our questions.  Personally I'd heard of Forever Living but didn't know a huge amount about it, so it's been fascinating to learn about more.

1 - To start with could you tell us a little bit about yourself.

For 30 years I was a Police Officer and if you had told me 6 years ago I was going to become an advocate of Natural Health products I would have looked behind you for the men in white coats.
However I had a health challenge in that I had arthritis and was taking pain killers on a daily basis. I bought a new puppy and this changed my life. I played with the puppies on the floor and had to use a chair to lever myself back to my feet and the women suggested I tried drinking aloe vera and it would help me. She told me it came with a 60 day money back guarantee and I thought what have I got to loose. I tried it and within 6 weeks I was off my painkillers and back doing the things which had become so difficult like climbing flights of stairs and playing golf. I would never be without it!

2 - Could you explain the benefits of Aloe Vera

I'd never heard of Aloe Vera but when I researched it I found that we have been using it for healing for thousands of years. Records of it being used for medicinal purposes go back to 2100 bc in Southern Iraq but the most famous is 1550 bc in the Papyrus Ebers  which details the ancient Egyptians use of it. There are many other references to it throughout history Christopher Columbus and Mhatma Ghandi both refer to it and it forms part of the Veterinary Coat of Arms.
So why is it so good. We have established that Aloe contains over 75 nutritional compounds including vitamins, minerals and amino acids but the synergy of them working together make it naturally anti inflammatory, it balances the immune system, its a natural antibiotic and is naturally both fungicidal and bactericidal. Most people know it is excellent with all kinds of burns (anti pyretic) but it is also anti itching (antipuretic). This means that it is excellent in helping the body to cope with a number of challenges like mine.

3 - How do you sell, is it just online and show or do you do parties as well?

I attend the BSSK Shows as a way of letting as many people as possible learn about the benefits Aloe has. I do have an online shop which repeat customers use but in the first instance I prefer to talk to people  and discuss the benefits which can be achieved. Once you actually feel the benefits of taking Aloe Vera you do find it difficult to stop talking about it. I occasionally will arrange a party at someones house if they want their friends to find out about the aloe they are using or will speak to Womens Institute or Church Groups but primarily I just talk to people wherever I go.
Forever Living are the Worlds biggest growers of Aloe Vera. It is all organically grown and has been since the beginning. We do not grow our Aloe for anyone else and only use the inner leaf gel in our products. The outer leaf is put back onto the fields for fertilisation. Aloe is like an apple once you cut into it it starts to oxidise so you have to stabilise it. We have a patented stabilisation process using fruit and vegetable juices not heat treating or carbon filtering it like the commercial process.

3 - Forever Living have a lot a bee products - is that a sustainable source, can more bee farming help to increase their numbers?

What is often unknown is that we are also the worlds largest bee keepers. Our bees are kept in the Sonoran Desert away from all pollutants. This keeps our bee colonies strong in a time when the world is becoming more and more worried about loosing bees. We have specially designed hives which allow the bee's to keep all the Royal Jelly, Pollen and Propolis they need and skim a little surplus off for our use.

4- which writer/thinker has influenced you the most.

I have been most influenced by the American Motivational Speaker Jim Rohn. He shows us that we can all lead inspirational lives starting today and if we want something badly enough anything is possible. One of my favourite Jim Rohn quotes is:
Its not what happens which determines your lives future. Its what you do about what happens.
All of us are in like a little sailboat and its not the blowing of the wind which determines your destination its the set of the sail. The same wind blows on us all. The wind of disaster, the wind of opportunity, the wind of change….. the wind when its favourable and unfavourable.. The same wind blows on us all…….. the difference in arrival is not the blowing of the wind but the set of the sail.


5 -What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given.

The best advice I ever got was "if its to be its up to me". We waste time and energy looking for someone to blame if our life isn't exactly what we want it to be but we all have it in our gift to live the life of our dreams. We have to just stop wasting that energy, decide what we want and actively pursue what we want.


Forever Living Products is a Network Marketing Company and I use my experience with the Company over the last 6 years to show others not only what remarkable products the Company has but also how they can use the Company as a vehicle to get whatever they want in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment